Sunday, January 09, 2005

Exam Eve

I wrote this poem on the eve of an exam. No prizes for guessing that I wasn't in the mood of reading on that day.
I have always wondered why we study subjects that we don't like. The idea seems to be of gaining a basic amount of knowledge in all fields. But then, do we really remember these not-so-liked subjects lateron? Beats me

*******************************************
**Exam Eve *** R a m a n u j a m **
*******************************************

Book in my hand
Thoughts in wonderland
in this state of quander
I begin to wonder
no time in life to play
is this the way?
constant goading by a knife
that people call the wonderful(?) life
no time to stand and...
to stand itself is a luxury I can't
Ah! the time is moving
exam hour is nearing
To hell with this stupid poem
gotto go back to the study mayhem

********************************************
******** R a m a n u j a m ******
********************************************

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Govar said...

he he. Exam eve. I can't believe u wrote this in exam eve. I guess Venky has given us a real studios image of you. :)

22 January, 2005 22:47  
Blogger Jammy said...

Govar, I wrote this b4 the Microeconomics exam in the first term. Studious? well, Venky has sure worked well in building my reputation;)

22 January, 2005 22:56  
Blogger Sharath said...

Ramanujam,

How come ur poem sounds like a T.Rajendar poem.. Just kidding yaar.. I really felt so. This is my first post in ur blog and will sneak in as time permits.

Sharath

27 January, 2005 15:26  
Blogger Jammy said...

Sharath, r u kidding, or do u feel so? I don't think u can do both.
Well, the thoughts in the poem are totally original with Agmark muththirai ;)

27 January, 2005 15:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home