Thursday, March 16, 2006

Still Me

When a child's blunder
evoked mental thunder
A voice came so slender
"It's ok. He is still tender"

When things went bad
Making me feel sad
A voice uttered, "Don't be mad;
There are other thoughts to make you feel glad"

When misunderstanding mounted
Even those akin shouted
Then a voice reminded
These are people who really counted
Their anger is just to be discounted

The inner voice that spoke
Does make the thought evoke
Regardless of the outer cloak
It's still I rewriting my own horoscope

4 Comments:

Blogger meghjanmi said...

simple words..nice thoughts..
gud work,jammy

17 March, 2006 02:58  
Blogger Shilpi said...

I really liked the last line
'I am rewriting my own horoscope'
Simple line, but says a lot

20 March, 2006 18:57  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

=D> wonderful jammy. very thought provoking

22 March, 2006 00:36  
Blogger her said...

Unlike others I think this poem is stupid. You can do better!

There is no need to rhyme..you can write good stuff without rhyming. I think your poem would have sounded better if you had avoided deliberate rhyming.

26 March, 2006 10:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home