Monday, January 10, 2005

Ram, ki jaana maen kaun

I heard the punjabi song "Bulla, ki jaana maen kaun" recently and have since then become a fan of it. One of my friends explained to me that it has a very good meaning. Its about a person wondering who he is. The first line literally translates to "Bulla, who knows who I am?". Well, that ain't the problem of this poet alone. Few months back I wrote a poem trying to describe myself. After couple of stanzas, the poem took a different path and ended up stating the obvious...Ram, ki jaana maen kaun

Not many of my friends understood the underlying meaning of this poem. But then, I myself am not too sure of it:D

***********************************************
** What Am I ****** R a m a n u j a m **
***********************************************

Whenever someone asks for my introduction
I endup giving my qualification
Are my degrees my only identification?
Well, time to get away from the usual recitation
And get into some introspection

I love the trees, the flowers,
the rains and the plains
I like solving puzzles
and to have a few giggles

I like those who are humble
and detest those who mumble
I like the peace in silence
and the makeups after some distance

I like the excitement in sports
but not the allegations that go to courts
I like to eat food thats hot
But nonveg, its definitely not

Deciding that my introspection is enough
I asked ppl to opine on me, I know that's tough

To some I am humorous
To some I am too serious
Some say I am too silent
Some say I can't even keep a secret

I am the star,
I am the scar
I am Everyone's friend
But still in loneliness I trend

How I wish I could solve
the puzzles that from me do evolve

********************************************
*************** R a m a n u j a m ****
********************************************

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

hey beautiful poem :)
i like it a lot!

09 February, 2005 20:30  
Blogger Arvind said...

hey thanks for the meaning da .. good one la :-)

23 March, 2005 10:48  
Blogger Akshay said...

hey jammy

nice poem man

cheers

26 April, 2005 12:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home