Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Not So Funny

When I read the headline, I found it a bit silly. “FIR against Anil Ambani for mobile jokes on Sikhs” said The Hindu. I felt that it was a hyper reaction for people sending jokes over mobile phones. As it happens, these jokes are not sent by one person to another, but are sent by the service provider on a subscription basis. First things first, I don’t understand as to why people pay money to receive stupid jokes on the mobile phone. Do they think that there is someone sitting in a secluded place and concentrating full time to create jokes? Even the greatest of comedians repeat their jokes. If I can have my take on these mobile jokes, I would tend be believe that there is some silly guy sitting at his desk googling for jokes to be sent for this “value added” service. There is even a content service provider for the jokes!

I initially thought of the reaction of the Sikhs to be a bit more than what was called for. But thinking about it, if they don’t make their voice heard, no one’s going to heed to their requests. Talking on the subject of racist jokes, I saw Russel Peter’s “Outsourced” recently and can’t stop remembering and laughing on his jokes on the different races. If you haven’t heard of this guy before, then go to YouTube and check his 45 minute video (the one in which he is wearing a white shirt). I am being specific on this particular video of Russel as his other videos aren’t that great. Some of them are totally gross.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home