Friday, May 18, 2007

Divorce Rates Decreasing?

When I heard the Fox news anchor state that the divorce rates in the US are decreasing, I was pleasantly surprised. With the increase in the corresponding rate in India being attributed to mimicking of the US culture, is it really true that the divorce rates are getting lower in US? Does that mean that the rates would become lower in India soon? While all these questions popped up in my mind, the next statement of the news anchor threw me back. She said "U.S. divorce rates are at their lowest level since 1970". That can surely not be true. I was sure I was missing something and the newsreader proved me right. The primary reason for the lower divorce rate - more couples live together without marrying. Well, now you are talking sense

3 Comments:

Blogger Govar said...

One of my previous managers told me this: Life has a lot of value inn the US but there are no values in life, and its quite the opposite in India. Couoldn't agree more!

19 May, 2007 07:23  
Blogger Govar said...

SO when are u buying a car? Or gifting one for home?

19 May, 2007 09:36  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

yeah exactly i was thinking of the same half way thru the post.. only if they marry they wud divorce.. now-a-days the concept of open relationship seem to become more popular..

22 May, 2007 16:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home