Thursday, October 18, 2012

Vantage Point of Parenting



As I held my daughter in my hand for the first time, I could not stop thinking about my dad. How would he have felt when I was born? What would he have thought I would do in life? How much would I have disappointed him? I should not force my daughter to become something that I want. Well, my parents did not force me into anything. May be, when I was born, they had the realization that I am having now. Sometimes you have to wear the shoes to be in the shoes of the other person. The son becomes a father, and realizes that the father was a son.  

As 8000 miles separates me from my parents, the thought of them missing my daughter does not bother as much as the feeling of me missing them. I can pray that my daughter turns out better than the son that I am, but I can work on being as good a father that my father is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home