Friday, September 23, 2005

(B)rain Waves

The rains are back. I was of the opinion that I had witnessed and experienced all that I had to with the Mumbai rains. But as fate had it, it was not to be. This time around I had a very different experience. Day-before-yesterday, while I was travelling back from office it started raining heavily. I wore my rain-coat before alighting from the bus (how shrewd?), but forgot to wear my bag inside the raincoat (how dumb?) - Mistake #1. The thought having a book inside my bag made me remove the raincoat to wear it over the bag again. What a move? Rains pouring like hell and removing the raincoat just like that - Mistake #2. Another brilliant stroke of mind made me do the 3rd mistake of the day. I started running towards the nearby shade to stand underneath and wear my raincoat in peace. The mistake was not the running part; it was failing to remember that the pavement had a layer of fungus over it. So I was forced to do what one of the villains did in "Home Alone II - Lost in New York". I was doing a skiing kind of action (in the same place) trying to balance myself in the slippery pavement. After few seconds I eventually fell down, my head narrowly missing the side of the pavement. After managing to get back on my feet I was about to do the biggest mistake of all when a friend shouted that I was heading for an open manhole. So the story missed the climax, probably because I was required to essay it on my computer rather than spending days at the nearby hospital.

In the morning I found that I was not the only person to have been affected by the rains. The roads have been affected so much that the bus ride is proving to be a cheap substitute for a roller coaster ride. Seems I can forget for sometime about reading novels during bus rides.

Pondering over.... Even after many replays of the incident in my mind I'm yet to figure out how I managed to get injuries in my right forearm and left knee at the same time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Kris said...

hey ram.. badrama poirukamaata.. seri ipo epadi iruku? take care..

24 September, 2005 02:58  
Blogger Ram said...

u should consult a detective to know more about the injury spots :P...take care dude!

26 September, 2005 07:20  
Blogger Jammy said...

@Heidi
ippo ok

@M.E.,
I guess an astrologer will be better suited for the job than a detective ;)

26 September, 2005 09:53  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

Ram if my counting is correct.. this is ur 100th blog!!

=D> Congrats on that :)

28 September, 2005 12:12  
Blogger Jammy said...

@Heidi
No, this is my 102nd post. Anyways, thanks for the wishes

28 September, 2005 13:27  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

oops again i guess i missed the two posts..

Ur template change has confused me a lot !

28 September, 2005 13:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home