Thursday, December 27, 2007

Boston Trip

Some people have all the luck with flights. Yours truly not being one of them, my flight got delayed again and I reached Boston at a better-than-usual 2 hours delay. Given my trysts with flights, a 2 hour delay is as good as no reaching early.

On Saturday (Dec-22) morning my cousin guided me around the city of Boston showing me the prominent places. We started off with a drive from Natick to Alewife. Then we took the famous Boston subway from Alewife to Harvard. So at last I got to see the place where all those HBRs are produced. Since it is vacation time, no students or activities were visible. All that was there were groups of tourists taking pictures in the synagogue for business studies. I too took few pictures to say that I am a Harvard passout.. err I passed via Harvard. We then took another subway train to Kendall and passed via MIT as well.

The walk along river Charles would be scenic during most of the year. But given my timing I had to concentrate more on the ground to avoid slipping on the snow, than on the river and locale around. Still, it was nice to walk around the river and over the bridge.

We took the redline subway again to Downtown Crossing and changed to the orange line and travelled to the Hay market. We visited the Quinsy market, which is a big place with a variety of cuisines, and the Hay market, which is a farmer's market. The scene near the river was good with a view of the airport at a distance. We then passed through the New England Holocause Memorial. The memorial consists of glass towers with information on the holocause written around. Smoke rises from below the towers as one passes through them.
We ended the tour with a trip to the Prudential tower wherein we had our lunch at the Qdoba Mexican Grill. The prudential tower would have been a shopper's paradise, but then my cousin and I do not fit that bill.

The day was tiring with long walks, but was also satisfying given the extent of the city that we covered

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home