Monday, March 12, 2007

Peer pressure?

Location: Bala's home
Bala is in the middle of chatting with Sam over gtalk ...
Bala: hey dude heard that you moved to US recently. howz it goin?
Sam: well, nothing to complain so far
Bala: :)) where r u?
Sam: im in nb
Bala: <how am I supposed to what NB is?>
Bala: What is NB?
Sam: nebraska. surprised that don't know that
Bala: <man, this guy thinks that I'm an idiot. got to save some dignity>
Bala googles for the next few seconds on US state codes and then types.

Bala: just a bit confused on whether NB is Nebraska or Nevada
Sam: Nevada is NE man
Bala: <wow, this dude sure knows the US upside down. why am I so less informed? Sigh>

Location: Sam's home
Bala: hey dude heard that you moved to US recently. howz it goin?
Sam: well, nothing to complain so far
Bala: :)) where r u?
Sam: <Oh shit, i'm used to writing this place as NB. what does it stand for. hmmm, Bala has always been the nerdy guy. He will figure out if I give him just the code>
Sam: im in nb
Bala: What is NB?
Sam: <man, surprising.... even Bala doesn't know certain things. Oh, now I remember, this place is nebraska>
Sam: nebraska. surprised that don't know that
Bala: just a bit confused on whether NB is Nebraska or Nevada
Sam: <man, this dude is sure intelligent. Let me save some grace by finding out the code for Nevada>
Sam googles for the next few seconds on US state codes and then types..
Sam: Nevada is NE man
Sam: <I am such a pretender. I should be more informed from now on. Sigh!>

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Govar said...

Figment of ur imagination or truth? Guess it's ok not to know NB and NV... do people make such a big deal?


Man, guess I now got to mug up these codes! :-P J/K...

12 March, 2007 18:37  
Blogger Jammy said...

@Govar
FOI
People don't make a big deal, but quite a few do use the codes to others discomfort.
If my memory serves me right, you too used only the code when I asked you for your location :)

14 March, 2007 06:39  
Blogger Ram said...

Jammy- NE is New England. did not have to google :P

15 March, 2007 06:03  
Blogger Ram said...

ND is New England. dang, now i know what u mean :P

NE is Nebraska and NV is Nevada anyways :D

15 March, 2007 06:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home