Monday, January 19, 2009

Movies & Tastes

Each person has his/her own tastes. Then how the heck do we declare some movies as great and some as pathetic? I guess it is based on more people liking the movies and the so called great minds' (critics) opinion. Over the past month I have watched a lot of these "good" movies and the only inference is that I am neither past of the mass nor am I a great mind. Movies like "No country for old men", "Pulp fiction", "Reservoir dogs" and "Usual Suspects", which are considered very good movies, failed to please me. The part that is sadder than the movies are the after-movie-day conversations that go like this...
A: "Hey, what did you do last evening?"
J: "Well, nothing much. Just watched a movie"
A: "Which one?"
J: "No country for old men. The movie was...."
A: "Man, what a movie! It won so many Oscars"
J: "Yeah, sure did. But...."
A: "Great movies like that come only once a blue moon. What a movie, what acting by cast blah blah blah"
Guess my opinion does not matter here.

With a membership at the library and an apartment mate with a Netflix subscription, getting movies has become lot easier. But my affinity towards movies is definitely going down. Not that I had much earlier :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home