Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year Wishes/Resolutions

A new year is generally started with wishes and resolutions for the year. Apart from the usual generic wishes like "World Peace" (remember Miss Congeniality?), my specific list of wishes/resolutions include
a) Mental strength to force myself to exercise for atleast 4 days a week. I have read somewhere a phrase that goes like this - "It is easy to quit smoking; I have done it hundreds of times". I guess my form of it would be "It is easy to start exercising; I have done it hundreds of times". This year I want to keep continuing after starting.
b) A good work-life balance while in India. In blunt words, stop spending more hours at work. Push back when called for early morning and late night calls on the same day, meetings on public holidays, and the like.
c) Blog for atleast once a week. From about 15 blogs a month for 3 years, I fallen to a total of 9 blogs in the whole of 2008 (3 since Feb '08 if I have to sound even worse). I will like to make a comeback this year.
d) Read for atleast an hour over each weekend - could be a novel or even an insurance book.
e) Participate more in festivals. The idea is to plan ahead and look at things that I can do.

I am starting resolution c with this blog. Wish me luck to keep this flowing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Enlightened Soul said...

All The Best!

02 January, 2009 20:15  
Blogger Bhaskar Sree said...

Good luck, Jammy...!
I know there's a lot of inertia post-marriage ;-)

09 January, 2009 14:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home