Friday, December 09, 2005

Planning the Unplanned

It is quite an irony. You do loads of planning in your office, but can't plan your personal agenda. You always anticipate that surprise work would come on Friday and keep you busy on the weekend, and so never plan for your weekends. But the surprise work never comes and you happily (!) spend your weekend washing clothes and watching TV. Still there are always plans to go home, and when the time comes, so does the surprise work for which you had planned all other weekends. No wonder it is called surprise work. Till today my trips to home have never been spoilt by work, but have been endangered quite a few times.

The plan to go to Hyderabad on a quasi-official visit was put off last week due to upcoming commitments. Well, the news as of yesterday evening is that I have got a green signal to go to Hyderabad, much to the despair of Seaman whose weekend has been completely booked for official work. I commented that positive thinkers get positive outcomes, but am not too sure of that now. May be I spoke too soon. The Hyderabad plan has moved into a on-hold stage as something new has come up at work. May be, with so much cribbing I'm no more a positive thinker and that's why my plans aren't looking that positive! The bright side still is that I either get to visit the Ramoji film city, or get to wash my clothes and complete some bank work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ravi said...

So "planning the unplanned" followed by "unplanning the planned"?

Did you finally go?

12 December, 2005 15:55  
Blogger Jammy said...

@Ravi
Yes I did. Since the planning wasn't looking like working out, I cancelled the plan. After unplanning, the plan became an unplanned plan and so unexpectedly worked!!!

14 December, 2005 16:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home