Thursday, October 05, 2006

Optimistic Pessimist

I guess it has been sometime since I wrote anything about my life. On the professional front, there hasn’t been much of a thing happening. The project that I was involved in got over and I'm experiencing a lull before the storm. But I guess I would prefer the storm to the lull. I have wasted a week doing nothing much except few odd jobs, utilizing the table tennis facility in office, and letting the idle mind play devil's workshop.

I believe that I was pessimistic last week. Or wasn't I? Since it is my belief that I was pessimistic, I should have been a pessimist. Or does my optimism on my pessimism make me an optimist? Whatever, I am now in the process of getting my mind back on track. I am true believer of positive thoughts providing positive results. Or atleast that’s my self perception (Isn’t “self-perception” an oxymoron?)

By the way, I celebrated a "Birthday vaaram" (Birthday week). As it happens, my Tamil and English calendar birthdays fell on the same week, but there was some confusion prevailing over the exact English date of my Tamil birthday! As a true consultant I chose the option that yielded the best result..... best result for me ofcourse. I chose to have my birthday celebrated on 3 days (albeit Mom had confirmed the exact Tamil b'day date).

I received an enormous number of birthday wishes in orkut. Though the pessimistic part of me keeps pointing to the hours I spent replying to each and every wish that I received, the optimist in me says that I should be happy about having so many friends

4 Comments:

Blogger Vetty Max said...

Belated birthday wishes once again Jammy. Had not yet got a reply from you on Orkut till today morning. :P

05 October, 2006 14:40  
Blogger Jammy said...

@Vetty
Thanks. I didn't come across your wish yet..you know...there is still a list of scraps that I have to read :D

05 October, 2006 18:17  
Blogger meghjanmi said...

happy birthday wishes..:)
and,may ur pessimism be like ur birthday,a yearly allowance..

06 October, 2006 04:00  
Blogger Jammy said...

@Ksk & MJ
Thanks

07 October, 2006 18:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home