Thursday, January 27, 2005

Ad Astra Per Aspera

With some time to kill after the exams, I went through few random blogs today. One of them was named "ad astra per aspera", which means, "to the stars by hard ways". This reminded me of my under-graduation college which had this Latin (?) phrase as its motto.

With the excitement of discovering another alumni of the prestigious college (it had the prestige of having me as a student), I went through the blog in search of a reference to the good old BIST. My excitement turned into a smirk when I found this line in the blog I read this phrase "ad astra per aspera" sometime back... don’t remember where... hmm, that's it for the "find your lost friend" expedition.
Thinking about it, I still am in contact with quite a few of my friends of those engineering college days. All thanks to the World Wide Web with special mention to the yahoo groups and the yahoo messenger.
BTW, though the motto of my undergrad college was "to the stars by hard ways", I learnt true hardship only in my post-graduation. Who knows, the bar of hardship might be raised when I enter the corporate jungle.

2 Comments:

Blogger Govar said...

Well, with orkut around, I think the world will remain a small place. :)

28 January, 2005 01:47  
Blogger Jam said...

Hey Ram,
The world always remains a small place, provided the people living in it want to make it a small enough place to keep in touch with people they wanna remain friends with.
BTW, am assuming you know my mail id. Just confirming ;-)
Cheers.........Jam

28 January, 2005 09:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home