Monday, May 16, 2005

Locational Preferences

Mumbai infrastructure is awesome. I can't believe that I spend only 3 hours a day travelling to office and back. The joy got better today when we had to abandon our bus in the traffic and walk for some 20 minutes to office under the hot sun. Just to make things more clear, the walk was after an 1.5 hours bus journey. Though I like walking, I prefer to restrict myself to the treadmill till the sun God shows mercy on Mumbai. To add on to this I get to read Bhasky's blog on how he is enjoying in Bangalore. I do miss Bangalore and Chennai a lot. Mumbai is too mechanical for me.
A typical day is like
Office = 37%
Sleep = 30.96%
Gym = 0.04%
Travel = 13%
Daily routines = 12%
TV = 7%
I would prefer some % of the day that is currently being spent in travelling to shift to TV/ relaxing. Also to be considered is the weekend schedule, which includes washing, ironing and searching for a new place to eat. Ah! Eating reminds of the expenses in here. Mumbai very costly compared to the 70 bucks that was charged per day in Indore for the awesome (really) food. Ofcourse I had no food expenses in Chennai/Bangalore as I loved my Mom's cooking.
I do hope to get back home sometime in the near future and get back to sanity.
BTW, wonder how words flow-in so smoothly while cribbing? ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Ram said...

lol- they sure do...ur last line, i mean!

16 May, 2005 23:31  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

Jammy what happend to that some southIndian restruant you had mentioned in k7 blog where u get good tasty south indian food for a reasonable price?

17 May, 2005 14:36  
Blogger Jammy said...

Heidi,
That was a reasonable price for Mumbai's standards :)

17 May, 2005 15:44  
Blogger Vetty Max said...

Jammy...can identify completely with your last line. Probably English is made for cribbing.

17 May, 2005 19:25  
Blogger Jammy said...

Vetty,
Is it English or the English-speaking people? ;)

18 May, 2005 12:33  
Blogger Thrivikraman said...

jammy.. u gota face everythign in life.. be happy that u faced it soon, so u can have better in the future !!
Cheer up dude... gud times r ahead !!

19 May, 2005 20:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home