Thursday, July 28, 2005

A Day/ Night to Remember!!!

Date: 26th July

12:30 PM
The rain outside looks so beautiful!!!

3:45 PM
A mail has come from admin department that buses will start at 4:30 itself since there is some alert on heavy rainfall. Yuppie! I'll be at home by 6:00 PM

4:15 PM
Am outside office. It is raining cats and dogs. Anyways, I have an umbrella. I just need to walk till the bus and board it.

4:30 PM
Have reached the place where the bus stops. The umbrella hasn't helped and I'm totally drenched. But the main question is "Where is the bus?"

7:00 PM
I have moved around this place thrice wading through the knee-high water, but still no signs of the bus. Am feeling too cold in my wet clothes. Better get back to office and stay there for sometime.

7:15 PM
Quite a few have returned back to office. I've squeezed my clothes and worn them again. But still feeling cold. Why don't they switch off the AC? The more important question still remains as, "Where the hell is the bus?"

8:00PM
It is confirmed that there will be no bus. Better decide on how to spend the night. No internet and no phone (mobile has stopped working probably because of getting wet)

12:30 AM
Am still shivering inside the wet clothes. But still it is better get some sleep. It seems to be a bad decision that I didn't sleep much yesterday night owing to shifting of houses.

5:00 AM
Oh! My aching back. May be I shouldn’t have slept bending over the table. Hmm, the rain has subsided. Shall I venture outside?

5:30 AM
In the bus stop. No BEST buses in sight. What is that? A company bus?
"Stop stop" Gosh! The driver didn't even care to have a look. Let me try catching him at the other gate.
I run to the other gate and there is no sight of the bus. Seems it has passed this place before I could reach through the short-cut.

6:30 AM
One hour in this bus stop and still no buses or buses with no space even on the footboard. A company bus is in sight.... is heading to a place I don't know of. What the hell? Let me just board it. Atleast I'll be in a new place
Got the only seat left, the one next to the driver.
Driver: "What time is it?"
Me: "7:00"
Driver sighs, "I have to leave you guys at XYZ location and then have to go to ABC for picking up people"
Me: "ABC!!! That's where I live. Hurray"

So the day is saved again thanks to.... should I say my shrewd (?) decision to board a bus that was going I-donno-where?

Back home, there is no cable TV, but electricity is there. And voila, my mobile has started working and the important question has been answered, "The bus is there picking up people for today's office". But who cares, it's a day I would happily spend indoors at home.

12 Comments:

Blogger ioiio said...

Heard the conditions are really bad..

28 July, 2005 14:48  
Blogger Vetty Max said...

Saw pics on various websites, seems real bad. Obviously must have been, unakke knee deep water naa?

28 July, 2005 17:54  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

Ram is health fine? Mazhala nanajadhu...

Able to realise that u r at ofiz from this post of urs :D...

take care

29 July, 2005 03:28  
Blogger Akshay said...

Man thats something you sure will remember forever. Hope the rain-god shows mercy. The rain you guys have faced is comparable to the kind of intense rain in Cherapunji.

29 July, 2005 05:08  
Blogger Ram said...

hope things are fine now, Jam...take care.

29 July, 2005 08:44  
Blogger Jammy said...

@ioiio
not at present and hopefully not anymore

@Vetty
Knee deep mathavaaLukkuda. Naa relative-a paesinaen :D

@Heidi
I'm fine. Seems my resisitive power is more than I expected it to be.

@Aks
Yep, though it seemed pretty bad then it is sure an experience to remember.

@M.E.
Everything is fine..... atleast as of now.

29 July, 2005 09:20  
Blogger Jammy said...

@Vetty
Forgot to mention.... in other places rain was more than head high...even for me:)
Even in my office area I saw water to the level of the mirrors of the parked cars. I just didn't venture into those shallow areas.

29 July, 2005 09:22  
Blogger ioiio said...

OT : That post wasnt meant to be a break post.. Visit tommorow u will understand the funda

29 July, 2005 10:33  
Blogger Jammy said...

@ioiio
What is OT?

29 July, 2005 11:46  
Blogger Ram said...

OT could mean Off-Topic...does it?

30 July, 2005 01:41  
Blogger Sue said...

jam jam jaammmyyy
wow thats some night!
now i can confidently say every junta i know of in mumbai had more than just an eventful adventure! hehe but jokes apart... yeah heard bout the live experiences from mannyy pals... and the horror stories as well!
glad to see you're fine though :)
take care...

p.s. - as i am writing this, i hear that rains in bbay today are worse than before... true kya?

01 August, 2005 14:35  
Blogger Jammy said...

@Sunu
I don't think it is that bad now. Atleast my office and home are in a better state than they were on Tuesday.

02 August, 2005 09:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home