Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Rejoicing in the Rains

"It is raining cats and dogs", I said. My friend replied, "The rain God is just having a pre-match warm-up. You are yet to see him play his smashes". If what I am experiencing in Mumbai is a warm-up, then the future looks too cold.


Rains always bring a smile in the face of the traditional Chennai-ite. No wonder my face had a light grin when I saw the first rains in Mumbai few weeks back. But the grin might not last long. Simple reasons -
- Frequent power-cuts at my place,
- Rescheduling of the office bus to start 15 minutes early inorder to manage the wet roads and traffic jams,
- More frequent washing as clothes take more time to dry out.
Even the breeze, which would have otherwise made me close my eyes and enjoy nature, is playing spoilsport. The wind is blowing the rain on all directions making the use of an umbrella irrelevant.

Inspite of all these I'm still enjoying the rain. But my friends come again to warn me, "The worse is yet to come". Supposedly roads and railway tracks would be flooded once things get charged-up and traffic would be halted. Guess I'll just need to wait and watch. As I have always believed, "When you cannot influence something, just enjoy it".

6 Comments:

Blogger ioiio said...

When I came here first, I never used umbrellas and enjoyed rain to its full extent.. Ppl called me crazy!!!

But u know, Rain in chennai has been limited to theme parks like kishkinta and MGM

29 June, 2005 12:40  
Blogger Ram said...

cool jammy...return journey from office la jollyaa nenanjukko ;)

29 June, 2005 23:17  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

Jammy Kuduthuvechurkanum to get drenched in rain. Jolly a two days ofiz kuda leave potudalam coz of rain :D

30 June, 2005 05:52  
Blogger Akshay said...

jammy

as u put it when u cant influence enjoy. If your friends said worse is yet to come i guess you should interpret it as you havent seen the best of it yet. as always life is about the way we look at things its the outlook the attitude.

cheers

01 July, 2005 09:53  
Blogger Govar said...

Get a raincoat. Umbrellas are ofcourse uselss. :)

And yes, I like drizzle, but certainly not a heavy downpour.

03 July, 2005 13:30  
Blogger arethusa said...

Wish it'd start raining here..*sigh*!

06 July, 2005 21:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home