Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Learning Lessons

Positive attitude is good, but not always. When my friend, with about 10 years of stock market experience behind him, asked me to exit the market couple of weeks back I was not in the mood to listen. I had already tasted success in the few months that I had been following the Dalal street. I was positive, and I was foolish. Guess I needed to loose few thousands of cash to learn this lesson - learn from the mistakes of others, you can't make all of them yourself.

One more lesson - education is never wasted. While studying banking in college purely for interest sake I never expected to work on it. I was deemed to move into marketing courtesy my strong IT background. Even when I got through a multinational bank I declined the offer as I somehow felt that I'm an IT guy. But as it always happens, due to a combination of circumstances I find myself in the banking vertical in IT!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Kris said...

The lessons which we learn from mistakes will stay in our memory for a longer time than by otherwise.

20 October, 2005 02:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buddy, that was not positive attitude or optimism, it was just plain greed. we've all been there, done that!

20 October, 2005 09:32  
Blogger Thrivikraman said...

Mistakes do always have a price tag, but the offers that comes with them, called 'experience' is Priceless ! :)
Adipadama cycle ota kathuka mudiyathu, athu poal than loss ilama stock market la periya aala vara mudiyathu. Ithuku artham, adi pattu than cycle ota kathukanum ngarthu illa, cycle ota kathukum bothu adipadarthu thappu illa ngarthu than :D

21 October, 2005 15:49  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

partha konuta po!!

24 October, 2005 23:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home