Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Then and Now

Same person, same place, but nothing's the same... all in a span of few years that I spent away from this place. Is it just me, or has life really changed so much?

Then: Reaching home at 7:30pm meant hard work in office
Now : Reaching home at 7:30pm means an early exit from office

Then: Most people I knew were decently satisfied with pay
Now : Salary satisfaction seems to be an oxymoron

Then: Talking to people was called gossip
Now : Talking to people is called networking

Then: Not many had an ear for my brilliant ideas
Now : My stupid ideas call for attention

Then: Tried to stay awake and read
Now : Read books to induce sleep

Then: Writing was stressful
Now : Writing is a way to relieve stress

Then: Walking meant a repair in bike
Now : Walking means exercise

Then: I knew the way to temples and people said I'm knowledgeable
Now : I struggle finding way to restaurants and people say I'm ignorant

Then: Rains meant relief from draught
Now : Rains pronounce the flood relief announcements

5 Comments:

Blogger Govar said...

huh! Nice way to put it up. Guess I can do a copy-paste of this post of yours to mine in some months... :)

20 December, 2005 22:46  
Blogger Vetty Max said...

Ha ha ha....good one. Agree with Govar.

Management rocks.

21 December, 2005 01:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

antha naal muthal indha naal varai, kalam maravillai, time maravillai, manithan marivittan!

21 December, 2005 17:04  
Blogger Ravi said...

Hmm.. Thoughtful..

The last point on rains is a bit different. It was not in our control at all. We can only pray its stops & relief is forthcoming.

22 December, 2005 09:50  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

good one ram!

05 January, 2006 04:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home