Monday, June 27, 2005

Book Tag

Tagged by: Sun
Atlast someone thought that I am worth the book tag

Number of books owned:
All my Engineering and Management books. Both have been safely put in cartons and offloaded to Bangalore.
I also own few novels.

Last book bought:
"The Game" by Eliyahu Goldratt. It has been 2 years and I've totally switched to libraries now. No more buying of books and moving them to the already heavy cartons.

Last book read:
"Uneasy Money" by P.G.Wodehouse. I've put the review @ Uneasy Money
Somehow book reviews invite the least number of comments. May be I should change my style of writing reviews.

Book in hand:
"It's not Luck" by Eliyahu Goldratt.
After "The Game", I had always wanted to read its sequel.

My Favourite:
"The Devil's Alternative" by Frederick Forsyth.
Amazing way of narration. The story has lots of layers to it and the way all the layers fall together is one of the best aspects of this novel. To add to everything else, the fact that the novel had a twist even in the last page made it a real good one to read.

5 books that mean a lot to me:
Well, books only mean entertainment to me unless they are not a Kotler or Brealey Myers. Even books like "Fountainhead" and "Rich dad poor dad" haven't made much of an impact on me.

Books I read as a kid:
Asterix
Tintin
Archies
Abridged novels
Indian comics... Tinkle et al
Indian myths
R K Narayan
Charles Dickens
(Thanks to Sun for providing a list from which I could CTR+C & CTR+V)

Passing the baton to other reader friends of mine:
Govar
Jam
Joey Bhasky

8 Comments:

Blogger ioiio said...

I came, I read but I dont have anything to comment and hence this comment. lol :)

27 June, 2005 23:01  
Blogger Vetty Max said...

Yup Jammy...Devil's Alternative rocks. IMO its even better than the Day of the Jackal.

I would have tagged you. But I remembered you had written a books post sometime back.

28 June, 2005 11:32  
Blogger Govar said...

Hmm. thanks for tagging me... just updated mine. And yes, Devil's advocate is absolutely awesome... one off my all time favorites.

28 June, 2005 13:43  
Blogger Jammy said...

@ioiio
I saw, I read, but there wasn't anything to reply and hence this reply. lol :)

@Vetty
Yep, I had written a post on books sometime back. May be the books tag originated from there ;)

@Govar
I wrote about "Devil's Alternative" and not "Devil's Advocate"

28 June, 2005 13:53  
Blogger ioiio said...

Believe me I had that reply in my mind when I wrote it here

28 June, 2005 14:11  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

:)

Books are not my cup of tea. so have nothing much to comment. :-s

28 June, 2005 16:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks machi!! unna odhaikkanum pola irukku... ;)

Joey Bhasky

04 July, 2005 16:11  
Blogger arethusa said...

I haven't read any of those except the ones you read as a kid! :D

06 July, 2005 21:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home