Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Exotic Destination?

There have been many instances when I've heard people saying that they would love to stay away from the hectic city life and enjoy the beauties of nature. Well, I do stay away from the city life. But non-hectic? Blow me down. Travelling everyday from this god-forsaken place to office is leaving me dispirited. The travel to office is still ok as it is now part of the daily routine. It is the weekends that kill me.
I was spared yesterday's travel to office by the sad demise of a founder member of the company I work for. But then, some people aren't born for the comfort of indoors. After subtly declining the offers from my friends to roam around Mumbai, I was expelled from my room by the pest-control people. Seldom did they know that they would find occupants in flats on a working day. A full afternoon spent at a browsing center without AC. But the worst was yet to come.
A close friend of mine calls up at 7:00 pm and invites me to his birthday treat at Bandra. I explained my predicament to the guy with supportive facts. It would take be TWO hours to reach Bandra from my place, and I wouldn't have enough energy left to take the long journey back after the party. My friend kept insisting and I had to give-in as it was afterall his birthday. There are times in life when you cannot differentiate between the requests and threats of friends and enemies respectively. This is just one of those times. Anyways, there started the 2-hour roller-coaster ride that involved getting into a running bus, jumping into the vendor's compartment of a moving train, and being pushed in and out of another train. I met a friend of mine at the Bandra station and here is our conversation
Friend: "Where are you coming back from?"
Me: "I am not coming back. This is my onward journey"
Friend: "What? You look totally exhausted"
Exhausted I was. When I finally reached the party at 9:30 pm, I wished my friend, "Happy birthday, and hope you come to my place for my birthday. Believe me, it is an experience to wait for"

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one other than me to vouch for that!

08 June, 2005 14:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely writing skills. Truly sympathesize with you.. and am still thankful and happy that you came over:). Itni badi life ka itna sa din tha yaar! chalta hai.

Will surely come to ur place hn it's ur b'day. Provided you find a place in that jungle where we can party!

08 June, 2005 15:38  
Blogger Akshay said...

hey jammy

I notice that you sign off most of your posts with a single eyed wink. Anyways good that you came online atleast. As you have mentioned ainglish flows with ease while cribbing :P

09 June, 2005 02:46  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

Belated Happy Birthday Rohit :)

@ Ram..poor you!
Ram y dont u plan ur weekends to visit some places in and around Mumbai during weekends? It would be like ore kaal la rendu maanga - One that ne oor suthipatha madriyum irrukum and the second is that u neednt stay home all day long during weekends! :)

@aks nice observation :)

09 June, 2005 05:31  
Blogger Jammy said...

@Roshit
Ofcourse

@Rohit
u make me take all the hardship and them sympathize on me (grrrr). I can arrange lotsa places here for the party. Anything to make friends happy;)
Thanks for taking the article in the right sense, as you always do.

@Akshay,
Most of my posts end on a lighter vein. That's why the single eyed wink.
Nice to see that someone remembers a thing that I said in a previous post. One more instance to prove that English does flow with ease while cribbing.
I didn't get what u meant by "Anyways good that you came online atleast"

@Heidi
naanga kallala thaan maanga adippom. nee kaalaalaye adikaraye!!!
intha veyilla oor suthi paarka mudiyaathu. veetla thaan okkaranum

09 June, 2005 09:52  
Blogger ioiio said...

Well.. I used to travel 2.5 hours evryday to collz..Well thats one way. But in a way its comfortable.. ucan always give that an excuse to poor marks.. and a reason for more pocket money..

09 June, 2005 09:52  
Blogger Jammy said...

@ioiio
Gone are those lovely days of college. Now it is only an excuse for not attending the birthday parties of friends :)

09 June, 2005 12:05  
Blogger ioiio said...

Oh Poor Jammmy..
I've got another 6 months of those "LOVELY COLLEGE LIFE".. So I can keep reminding u of that

09 June, 2005 13:02  
Blogger Heidi Kris said...

Jammy /:) [-x

10 June, 2005 07:41  
Blogger Jammy said...

@ioiio
It's ok man. I've had my share of a good long academic life. Now it's time to leave the field for the youngsters ;)

@Arch Storm
Thanks for the encouragement

@Heidi
:P

10 June, 2005 11:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home