Friday, April 15, 2005

Loners and Movers

I have been in Mumbai for the past 2 weeks and I'm yet to venture to any place outside my apartment and office. That should give an indication of the kind of person that I am. I generally like to be in home watching TV, chatting with someone, or just reading. Believe me, I spent more than 2 hours everyday in crosswords in the time gap between college and work. When I entered my flat in Mumbai the first thing to catch my attention was the television in the flat. "That takes care of my spare time", I told myself. But as always there is a twist to every tale.
The cable television didn't work yesterday and my roommates were working late in office. All of a sudden I felt a huge silence around me. I've got nothing to do. I'm too tired of reading documents in office, and so the novel in hand wasn't making any impression in my brain. I had washed all my clothes just the previous day, so even that work wasn't there. For the first time in Mumbai I missed both my college friends and my family. In college I had the 24*7 internet connection and the table tennis and badminton courts to consume my excessive time. At home, well, time somehow just flew away. I don't think I do anything substantial at home, but never felt bored. But everything is different now.
I had a gentle walk around my apartment yesterday as I had nothing else to do. It does feel great to inhale some fresh air. Guess I'll add this to my daily routine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ram said...

jammy- consider jogging da...it's really a very good stress reliever and timepass. Dont confine urself inside the 4 walls of ur room...i know how sucky it can get- get out of ur house and breathe the fresh air....there's more of it outside than is inside! :)

18 April, 2005 06:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home